Clinical Laboratory Science
The first three years of this curriculum are fulfilled in residence at Quincy University. The fourth year is a 12-month period of clinical instruction (the length may vary in some schools) taken from an affiliated school of clinical laboratory science approved by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS). Quincy University cannot guarantee placement in any clinical program. Students should try to attain at least a 3.0 to aid their chances of being accepted.
- Completion of the Bonaventure Program and requirements for undergraduate degrees
- The technological literacy requirement will be fulfilled through conducting computerized labs and learning how to use the computer for scientific research in all laboratory courses.
- Core classes: BIO 150, 212, 222, 329, 332, 364, and 434. (BIO282-283 may substitute for BIO 222 and 329.)
- Required Science clases: CHE 150-151; 302-303; PHY 211-212; (CHE 321 highly recommended).
- One semester of Mathematics at the highest level for which the student is prepared with college algebra as a minimum.
- One semester each of computer science and statistics.
- The student needs a minimum GPA of 2.0 in all clinical couses to receive a degree.
- The student needs a minimum of 36 semester hours at the 300-400 level (all courses) to receive a degree.
- Major courses are considered those taken at the clinical institution.
- PHI 323 Bioethics is highly recommended.