NOTE: The postings on this page are from outside Quincy University and shared for the benefit of QU students seeking part-time or full-time employment. For student worker positions on campus, visit the Financial Aid page. For full-time or graduate assistant openings within the university, visit our Human Resources page.
Part-time Employment Opportunities
(In order of submission date)
Quincy University Bookstore (On-going) Temporary Sales Associates
We are currently seeking a customer service oriented individual to assist in the operations of the QU bookstore. In this position, you will perform cashier and other retail duties including stocking shelves and maintaining store appearance. Previous retail & cash register experience a plus. Must be dependable, punctual, honest and hard working. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming individuals of diverse talents and backgrounds. Part Time 10 - 20 hrs per week, must have availability to work Mon-Fri 10am - 3pm, Sat 10am - 2pm. Must be a high school graduate. Computer experience is helpful. Contact the bookstore for an application.
CareLink (submitted 7/31/14) Part-time Employment
Are you interested in part-time employment?
CareLink is hiring caring, dependable individuals to provide in-home care in this area.
• Flexible hours
• Paid orientation and training
• Work as a team with Nurse Care Coordinator to help clients live safe and healthy in their own homes.
Applications available online at: www.carelinknurse.com or call Toll-Free: 877-884-8480.
The UPS Store (submitted 7/31/14) Part-time
The UPS store is looking to fill 2 part time positions…hours may vary anywhere from 8:30-6:30…we do packing shipping printing etc. Applications can be picked up at the store 3710 Broadway St Quincy.
CROSSMARK (submitted 7/22/14) Event Specialists!
CROSSMARK is a professional services company that helps consumer goods manufacturers and retailers reach their performance objectives. We do this by excelling in four key areas – headquarter selling, retail merchandising, store level marketing, and streamlining trade practices. In business for more than 100 years, CROSSMARK employs more than 20,000 associates worldwide in offices in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, CROSSMARK is a privately owned corporation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*Thrive in a fast-paced environment?
*Passionate about excellence?
*Skilled at multi-tasking?
Join our team!
Job Summary: Complete in-store food/product demonstrations/events, demonstrate products, engage consumers and promote product sale
Competitive Wages, Weekly Pay
Equipment Provided Onsite, Part-time Benefits
Opportunities for Advancement
Must pass company paid drug screen & background check. Reliable transportation & daily internet access needed. Customer service and food handling experience a plus. Flexible schedule as events run seven days a week. Heaviest workload is on Saturday and Sunday.
If interested, please call (972) 318-7129
and ask for Abigail.
Quincy, Normal, Elgin
Student Affairs (submitted 7/14/14) Event Set-up Crew
Help with set up and tear down of events by setting up chairs, tables, AV equipment, etc. Be able to lift 50 lbs, maneuver stairs easily, and push/pull equipment around a room. Interested candidates should contact Crystal Sutter at
Hy-Vee on Harrison (submitted 7/12/14) Part-time jobs
Hy-Vee has part-time jobs available online at
Red Cross (ongoing) - Part-time Positions
Click on link to see all open positions and apply via our career center: www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com.
Internships at Quincy University are important learning activities that involve a relationship between academic programs and agencies or companies that support internships. All students who wish to be placed in intenships supported by the university, and by the state-funded Cooperative Work Study Program, must be registered with Career Services and approved by the appropriate academic unit.
The following companies currently have internships available. Visit the Career Services Center for details and to get registered.
- White Tail Properties, Pittsfield, IL Internship Program (Submitted 7/14/14)
- Adams Telephone Communication - Sales/Marketing Internship
- Partners of the Americas Internship http://www.partners.net/partners/PIP_Experience.asp
- Girl Scouts of Central Illinois (submitted 5/14/14) Fall 2014 Internship (unpaid)
Full-Time Employment Opportunities
Marlin Network, Inc. (submitted 7/30/14) Art Director
Below is a brief job description for our open position of an Art Director. This is a full-time exempt position with a salary range of $40,000 to $55,000 based on experience. Please post on your website. Thank you!
Two years or more of agency design experience and exceptional technical skills. A bachelor’s degree in advertising, communication design or visual arts is a given. Experienced Macintosh user and possess thorough knowledge of image creation software applications including InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop.
Primarily, you’re responsible for dreaming up creative, on-strategy solutions for everything from branding campaigns to singular communications.
- Create/oversee graphic development of products
- Inform Creative Director of departmental concerns, project updates, etc.
- Collaborate with copywriters to develop creative concepts and executions
- Work closely with account executives to schedule and monitor all projects
- Provide accurate time and cost estimates for each tactic
- Foster and maintain positive client relationships and remain educated on clients’ needs, competitors and expectations
- Advise clients on all technical visual recommendations and/or issues
- Help facilitate both project input and creative meetings
- Assist in presenting to client
- Provide detailed direction to designers and assist in their education and development
Karen L. Patti Marlin Network, Inc. 417-885-4599 417-598-0054 (cell)
Neimann Foods(submitted 7/30/14) Recruiting Specialist
Recruiter for key positions throughout assigned areas. Will require travel to stores as needed
- Responsible for networking opportunities in each market
- Recruiting—Give direction to stores on how to recruit
- Hiring—Primary person to hire when opening a new store.
- Train management team on hiring practices and orientation
- Responsible for creating Job Postings, Help Wanted Ads, recruiting materials
- Maintain recruiting reports
- Strong Recruiting Skills
- Interviewing Skills
- People Skills
- Ability to Train
- Self Starter
- Computer Skills
Western Illinois & Missouri Markets
Media Development (submitted 7/28/14)Traffic Coordinator Job Description:
The traffic coordinator works with all departments and individuals in our organization to ensure materials, information and resources flow through the agency within the deadlines assigned. Traffic coordinators must have good planning skills and the ability to anticipate problems and develop a plan of action to prevent delays in the agency’s workflow. This position requires excellent communication skills with internal staff and external media partners.
Job Requirements Specific to Traffic:
- Works within agency Project Management system to open job codes, assign work to team, place media orders as planned by media planner and work with account team to prioritize by deadlines.
- Assist in leading weekly traffic meeting and schedule creative based on workload
- Organizes traffic instructions for all media partners to ensure correct ads are running.
- Matches monthly insertion orders and places in binder system
- Compare monthly insertion orders and media partner invoices to ensure correct ads are run and the totals are accurate. Once approved, enter into Quickbooks for payment.
- Coordinate annual Yellowpages advertising placements
- Clip out monthly print ads and match to final artwork to ensure accuracy
- Manage talent releases and voice talent lists by client.
- Track client trade accounts
- Track client co-op dollars and file co-op monthly.
- Maintain agency client list and follow new client process upon adding new client to agency.
- Maintain media buying binders
- Maintain client server folders for media buying
- Maintain list of current media contacts
First Bankers Trust Services (submitted 7/22/14)
Many First Bankers Trust Services has openings for Administrative Assistant, Employee Benefits Operations Associate, and Employee Benefits Risk Analyst. Interested seekers can apply online at www.firstbankers.com/Employment
SIU School of Medicine (On-going) Many all majors
Please reference our web-site listed below for the latest job opportunities and complete position descriptions at SIU School of Medicine. https://siumed.hiretouch.com/search-jobs
Whitetail Properties (Submitted 7/14/14) IT Support Specialist
At Whitetail Properties, we strive to be the best in the world at helping people buy and sell hunting, farm and ranch land. Our success is a tribute to our employees who work every day to be the best at their assigned jobs and duties. In our office, suits and ties aren't important hard work, a good attitude, results and accountability are what matters. We've already assembled a strong team and we're getting stronger. Our slogan about real estate sales is "We Grow Dreams" and we feel like it also applies to employment at Whitetail Properties. If working beside consummate professionals in a casual and creative atmosphere is what you're looking for, we invite you to apply with us and grow your own career dreams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the assigned IT/communications in a Mac and Windows environment.
- Coordinates, installs, and continuously analyzes system design, hardware and software.
- Recommends, and installs solutions and upgrades to ensure availability, integrity, efficiency, and reliability of all components of the assigned systems.
- Serves as a focal point for ensuring functionality and operability of the assigned IT/communications system environment.
- Optimizes the functionality and performance of hardware and software systems.
- Provides ongoing technical support to office staff and field agents to ensure proper functional use of equipment and programs.
- Two years experience, education, or training that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization.
- Equal familiarity of MS Office and other common applications for both Mac and Windows.
- Working knowledge of iPad, iPhone, and Android devices.
- Experience with network and mass storage solutions is preferred.
Ms. Kelly Johnson | Staffing Specialist
Whitetail Properties | P.O. Box 251 | Pittsfield,IL
Community EDGE, St. Charles, MO full-time and part-time candidates(submitted 7/14/14) Project Coordinator
Community EDGE is a fast-growing economic development consulting firm serving clients nationwide. Our mission is to encourage the quality development of communities and businesses by enhancing existing efforts in need of economic development and community development expertise. We serve our clients with an absolute dedication to quality, integrity and fairness and our focus is on the sustainable. Our vision is to continue to grow in order to satisfy the vast unmet need for quality economic and community development expertise in the public, private and non-profit sectors. As we grow, we will maintain our reputation as a trusted, respected, true results-driven services firm with a dedication to quality and innovation. This will be accomplished by recruiting top talent and upholding a strong culture of high standards, creativity, integrity and a passion for our clients’ success. To learn more about our company, visit www.communityedgellc.com.
Community EDGE is currently looking for an individual who shares our passion and fits our company culture to fill the position described below.
- Coordinates meetings and events for the Community EDGE team, which may include marketing events, strategic planning meetings, site visits/community tours, speaking engagements and training events.
- Coordinates, provides staff presence and prepares material for meetings and events for key clients, which may include Board of Directors meetings, committee meetings and contributor events.
- Manages communications for Community EDGE including marketing material, proposals, press releases, website and social media presence.
- Manages communications for key clients including meeting material, press releases, e-newsletters, websites and social media presence.
- Provides support as needed to Community EDGE leadership during special projects.
Education: Prefer Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: Prefer past experience in economic development, non-profit management, event/meeting planning or marketing.
Skills: The ideal candidate will possess excellent written and oral communication skills, proficiency in desktop publishing, some graphic design skills and experience with website and social media content development. The ideal candidate will be ambitious, self-motivated, highly organized, and have excellent interpersonal relationship skills. Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently required.
Submission Requirements: Please send resume, cover letter and salary history via e-mail to
no later than 1:00 p.m. on Monday, July 28, 2014.
Vermont Street United Methodist Church (submitted 7/28/14) Non-Ordained Coordinator for Discipleship Ministry
Vermont Street United Methodist Church of Quincy, Illinois is seeking to employ a non-ordained coordinator for discipleship ministries who is responsible for providing guidance in our youth and children's ministries, recruiting, developing, and supporting volunteers in these ministry areas, as well as responsibility in other areas of discipleship. The individual should possess a passion for Christ, a heart for youth, children, and all God's people, and an appreciation for Wesleyan/United Methodist Theology. Salary commensurate with education and experience. B.A./B.S. preferred. Full time position. Send resume to Chairperson, Staff Parish Relations Committee, Vermont Street UMC, 818 Vermont Street, Quincy, Illinois, 62301
SIU School of Medicine (On-going) Many and all majors!
Please reference our web-site listed below for the latest job opportunities and complete position descriptions at SIU School of Medicine.
Illinois State Board of Education (ongoing openings) Teacher Positions
If you are interested in being considered for a position, you will need to download an official application at www.isbe.net/hr/Default.htm.
American Red Cross (ongoing)
Employment Opportunities effective April 5, 2013, 405 W. John H. Gwynn Jr. Avenue Peoria, IL 61605. IMPORTANT NOTE: Internal applicants must apply online via the Internal Career Center on CrossNet, https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=main.icc, External applicants must apply by visiting our website at www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com.
Missouri Department of Revenue (ongoing)
Missouri Department of Revenue has updated its list of job opportunities. To view this list, please visit https://sa.dor.mo.gov/hr/jobopp/default.aspx.