Educational Technology Specialist
Quincy University seeks qualified applicants for the position of Educational Technology Specialist. Responsibilities include:
- Sustain and advance the library’s traditions of excellence, innovation, and service in an era of rapidly changing information needs and practices.
- Promote a service-based “learning commons” environment for students and faculty that strengthens academic support across the university.
- Provide leadership in planning and implementing best practices in technology in the library.
- Maintain the library’s I-Share circulation system following protocols from CARLI and Quincy University policies.
- Supervise the resource sharing service following the protocols from CARLI and all state and federal regulations.
- Provide assistance and training to faculty in technology tools and methods, use of instructional software, and effective uses of multimedia.
- Assist in the development of instructional strategies, course materials, assessment techniques and incorporation of instructional technologies and best practices for online, hybrid, and local course formats.
- Serve as library Jenzebar specialist, offering technical support to faculty and library colleagues.
- Advise faculty on redesign and development of courses to incorporate technology.
- Provide advice and recommendations regarding the general state of the instructional technology, future trends, and potential issues.
- Conduct demos and trainings for new technology and instructional techniques to enhance the course delivery process.
- Serve as the liaison between the library and the department of information technology.
- Design and produce learning materials in a variety of formats including print, graphics, audio, video, animation and multimedia to support teaching, learning, and program/university information needs.
- Coordinate general technology and end-user training for small groups on various technologies
- Teach course-integrated research instruction and champion relevant current and emerging instructional technologies.
- Pilot outreach endeavors, such as iPad/E-text learning communities and summer institutes, to the local Quincy community.
- Support and troubleshoot hardware and software issues with classroom technology.
- Facilitate the use of technology in classrooms (i.e. clickers, lecture capture) and assist in recording and video editing for lecture capture production.
- Provide Tier 1 helpdesk services.
- Supervise student workers who provide helpdesk and technical support.
Skills: Interest in and aptitude for learning new computer software, troubleshooting, and exploring new technologies and instructional strategies. A talent for rethinking practices in light of new expectations. Master’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent in Instructional Design.
Send letter of application, resume and three professional references to:
Director of Human Resources
1800 College Ave.
Quincy, IL 62301