Quincy University volunteer service integrates Gospel and Franciscan values into concrete acts of service. Various opportunities are available in the local Quincy community.
Volunteer Services Mission Statement:
"Quincy University Volunteer Service integrates our Gospel and Franciscan values into concrete acts of service."
Local Agencies We've Served
- Habitat for Humanity: Home Construction Volunteers
- The Humane Society: “Day with the Dogs”
- The American Red Cross: Blood Drives
- Catholic Charities: “Bridge the Gap to Health” Project
- Ladies of Charity: Food Drives
- Quincy Herald-Whig: Good News of Christmas Program
- Good Samaritan Home: Social Hours & Meals
Volunteer Service Break Trips
- Boys and Girls Home of North Carolina
- Diocese of Gallup, NM/Zuni Village/St. Michael Indian School(Navajo Reservation)
- Beaches Habitat for Humanity - Jacksonville, FL
- Franciscan Outreach Association – Chicago: Soup Kitchen Shelter
- Franciscan Connection – St. Louis: Stone by Stone Project - Urban Outreach
- Close the School of the Americas Trip: Social Justice/Activism
- D.C. Right to Life Trip: Social Justice/Activism
- Haiti Mission Trip w/ Eastern Illinois U: Third World
- Glenmary Camp – Aberdeen, MS: Rural Outreach
- Habitat for Humanity – Mississippi/Louisiana: Outreach to Working Poor
- Hurricane Relief Project Lazarus – New Orleans: Outreach to HIV/AIDS patients
Sometimes fees are charged to defray costs for service/mission trips, but the opportunity to participate is available to all students, faculty, and staff regardless of religious background.