Quincy University is busily preparing for your arrival on campus! For our returners, we are eager to welcome you back. For our new students, we look forward to introducing you to the QU community.
There has been a change to RED CARD and EARLY ARRIVAL procedures.
Please read the email thoroughly to avoid any delays at check in and move in!
This email contains lots of important information regarding check in, move in, and welcome weekend information. It is to your benefit to read the whole email carefully so that you have a full understanding of upcoming events and items you may need to take care of prior to your return to campus. While this email is long, read it all and you may be rewarded!
CHECK IN & MOVE IN
ALL students, commuter and residential, must check-in for the academic year during the times listed below. This will ensure that everything for the academic year is squared away.
It is important that you bring your QU ID card with you to check in! It will assist in making the process as efficient as possible.
All students will check in at the Main Dining Room in the Student Center on the following days & times:
|Wednesday, August 8||11 a.m.- 2 p.m.||Residence Life staff, Football, and QUEST|
|Sunday, August 12||1 p.m.- 3 p.m.||Cheerleading, Cross Country, Dance, Band, O-Team, Women’s Volleyball, Women’s Soccer, Women’s Golf|
|Monday, August 13||8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.||Men’s Soccer (Check in at Student Affairs office, Ground floor Student Center)|
|Friday, August 17||9 a.m. -2 p.m.||All first year students and transfer students registered for FYE 100|
|Sunday, August 19||11 a.m. - 2 p.m||All returning students and all transfer students not registered for FYE 100|
GREEN or RED CARDS
When you check-in you will receive a GREEN card or RED card. What does that mean?
If you receive a GREEN card:
· Returning students will receive their new ID sticker, receive their new parking sticker, and have an opportunity to speak with ITS.
· First Year and Transfer students will have an opportunity to pick up their Welcome Weekend packet, parking sticker, and ITS will get you connected to the QU network.
· All Resident students will pick up their room key and mailbox information.
If you receive a RED card, it could mean one of the following:
· You have Financial Aid paperwork that needs to be completed
· You have an outstanding balance on your student account and have not made payment arrangements
· You have not completed a Thank You letter for an endowed scholarship (returners only)
· You have not submitted up-to-date immunization records
If you receive a RED card, the Business Office, Financial Aid, Advancement, and Student Affairs Offices will be available to assist you at check in so that you can take care of any outstanding issues.
If you are able to completely resolve all of your issues that day, you will receive a GREEN card and proceed with your check in.
Students who are able to make some progress on resolving their issues but may need a few extra days to finalize details of their plan, will receive a BLUE card. This BLUE card will allow you to temporarily proceed with the check in and move in. You will then have 5 business days from your arrival date to satisfactorily resolve any remaining issues. Should satisfactory progress not be made and communicated to the appropriate office, you will be dropped from your courses and be unable to proceed with the academic semester. Your student ID card will be deactivated and you will not have access to the HFC, etc. Residential students will be required to move out of their assigned housing space and will not have access to their meal plan.
If you receive a RED card at check in and are unable to reasonably resolve your issues, you will not be able to check in on that day or move into your residence hall room. In addition, your student ID card will be deactivated and you will not have access to your meal plan.
Want to avoid receiving a RED card?
· Check your Moodle account to ensure you do not have an outstanding balance on your student account. If you have an outstanding balance, make a payment immediately to avoid any check-in delays. You may make a payment online via your Moodle account. Contact the Business Office at 217-228-5432 ext. 3720 with any questions.
· If you have an outstanding balance on your account but are unable to pay the entire balance, you can register for the Tuition Management System. This will allow you to make payments over a specified time period. Visit www.afford.com/quincy or call 1-800-356-8329 to register. You must have registered and made at least one payment to avoid any check-in delays. Contact the Business Office at 217-228-5432 ext. 3720 with any questions.
· Make sure you have completed your FAFSA (Free Application for Student Aid) for financial aid, you have signed and returned your financial aid award letter, completed any required entrance loan counseling, and signed your Master Promissory Note for any loans you may be receiving. Contact the Office of Financial Aid at 217-228-5432 ext. 3750 with any questions.
· If you were chosen for Financial Aid verification you must complete and return ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS prior to check-in. You may contact the Office of Financial Aid at 217-228-5432 ext. 3750 with any questions.
· Make sure you are registered for classes prior to the check-in date! You need to contact your advisor to register.
· If you received an endowed scholarship, you can complete your Thank You letter prior to arrival on campus. Contact the Office of Advancement at 217-228-5432 ext. 3450 with any questions.
· Ensure that all immunizations are up to date and records received by the Office of Student Affairs. You may contact Student Affairs at 217-228-5432 ext. 3788 with any questions.
If you believe that you will need to arrive on campus and move into your on-campus housing prior the check in dates stated above, you must contact the Office of Student Affairs at 217-228-5320 to get permission for early move-in. Permission will only be granted for early arrival in cases of extenuating circumstances preventing a student from moving in on their designated check -in day. Permission for early move-in is not guaranteed and is at the discretion of the Office of Student Affairs. Students must contact the Office of Student Affairs at least 48 hours prior to their expected early arrival to receive permission. Students who receive permission will be assessed a fee of $20 per night up until their original arrival date up to $100 per week. Students who arrive on campus early who have not secured permission from the Office of Student Affairs will be assessed a one-time $50 charge in addition to the nightly rate. Early arrivals may only check-in between normal business hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Check-ins outside of normal business hours will be determined upon staff availability.
Should you arrive outside of normal business hours and have a RED card you will not be permitted to check into your housing assignment. You will be temporarily housed at North Campus until RED card issues have been satisfactorily resolved.
It is essential that students communicate with the appropriate offices prior to their arrival to ensure a smooth check in process. When in doubt, call and ask! We are happy to assist you in resolving any issues and have a smooth check in process.
Thank you for your time and attention to this important information! If you would like to enter to win a $50 gift card, please respond to this email with "Win a Gift Card" as the subject by August 20.
Enjoy the rest of your summer! We look forward to seeing you soon!